Hair Care Tips
Will Brazilian hair match the texture of African American hair?
- Yes, because the hair is also ethnic it blends well with African American hair. See it here blended on a client:
What does the term “wefted” mean?
- Wefted hair is hair used for weaving. It is sewn or bonded (with special bonding glue) into a track/braid ready for the weaving process. A weft looks like a curtain or hair stitched together along the top.
Can the weft be cut?
- Yes. Our wefts are reinforced and made by a machine. They can be cut without unraveling. We do not suggest cutting our weft.
Does this hair shed?
- Any hair that has been manufacture to be stitched on a weft is entitled to experience minimum shedding which is absolutely normal. Minimum shedding meaning (the hair will be never have a noticeable or drastic decrease in its density or volume. However, proper maintenance is extremely important and advised.
How much hair do I need?
- We suggest Length 14-16"Inches - You Need 2 bundles Or More, Lengths 18-24"Lengths You Need 3 bundles Or More, Lengths 26-30" You Need 4 bundles or More, and 30"-Up"-5 bundles or More.
- Each bundle is weighted between 3.2-3.5oz.
Does the hair appear natural?
- Very! The wind could blow; someone could touch your hair, swim, sauna, and spa. It is incredible and the hair is as light as a feather, no one will even know you have hair extensions.
Can I color this hair?
- Yes, this is 100% virgin human hair that is not processed in any way. So you can color the hair, once virgin hair is treated in any way, it is no longer virgin, and therefore we recommend that you color or process your Brazilian hair by a professional.
- Yes, Anytime you bleach hair to #613 Platinum Blonde that hair will be fragile and easier to break off due to the hair bonds being broken. Platinum Blonde Hair will require daily hydrating of Argan Oil and Washed Weekly with some Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Treat this hair like your own hair. Use good quality shampoo and conditioning products. Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it soft and manageable. We recommend using a deep conditioner on your virgin hair once per week, but avoid using oil or heavy styling products.
Do I have to do anything special in the morning?
- We advise that you comb your hair every morning. Gently brush your hair from the ends towards your scalp. Starting from the ends keeps the pressure off the weft area and is a good way to maintain the longevity of the extensions.
Do I have to do anything special at night?
- You must NEVER sleep on wet hair. Sleeping on wet hair is known to matte hair that makes it very difficult to keep the hair the way you want. Just make sure your hair is completely dry before you go to sleep and you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Rolling your hair in rods at night will maintain your curls and limit the amount of heat you have to use on your hair daily.
Is there maintenance involved with the up keep of this hair?
- Yes schedule your re-attachment service appointments every 3-6 weeks.
Can I go swimming?
- You may go swimming in pools and hot tubs. We recommend braiding your hair or pulling it up into a ponytail before swimming to keep your hair from tangling. It is best to wash your hair right after swimming. Add a spray in conditioner after swimming.
How often can I wash my hair?
- As often as you like.
How long does the hair last?
- This hair can last for a very long time depending on how you maintain it. Treat it like your own hair and take good care of it and it will last longer. Depending on maintenance, hair will last 6 months to a year.